Monday, July 17, 2006

Rip it REAL good...

So I finally decided to attempt another sock...after my trauma session with cat eats first sock a few months back I decided it was the time. I used The Yarn Harlot's Simple Sock pattern from her most recent book because it was an easy pattern and it's well written. I decided to use up some yarn from my stash...I purchased the Sunshine Yarns Taos colorway months ago and decided to give it a go....I swatched (GASP!) and was at 7.5 sts per 1 inch on a size 2 needle (a recommended gauge for this yarn). But after finishing the first one yesterday afternoon I think I'm going to frog it. The ankle is really droopy and I'm really unhappy with it. The foot part itself fits beautifully...I have wide short feet (my mom tells me it looks like I smashed them into a wall actually...though she has the SAME EXACT FEET!) and I was worried that they would be too narrow but they aren't. The heels and gusset are gorgeous and I have no holes like last time from picking up stitches...the sock itself is rather smashing if I do say so myself and I love the color....but I still think it's destined to be ripped and reworked. I have size 1 needles coming to me in the mail so I think I'm going to reswatch and knit them again on size 1's and cast on a few less stitches and maybe decrease a bit around the ankle to prevent saggage. :) Tell me what you all think.





Posted by Wannabe @ 2:59 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Love your work. The scok looks cool. Then again I'm just in awe of knitters.
The heal does look like it would annoy you after a bit.

I miss you.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Monday, July 17, 2006 9:13:00 PM #
 

Way cool! Very colorful and I am totally impressed with your knitting!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Tuesday, July 18, 2006 10:49:00 AM #
 

I love that colorway. Hmmm...I would frog it I guess. IMO it would be a waste of yarn to make socks that aren't comfortable, right? I love looking at every little stitch, just like Mikael said, I'm in awe of accomplished knitters such as yourself. :)

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Wednesday, July 19, 2006 8:38:00 AM #
 

uh, they do look like you smashed them into a brick wall and they DON'T look exactly the same as mine....sorry but I am right and you are WRONG! Your feet do look like Todd's though....

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Wednesday, July 19, 2006 5:50:00 PM #
 

I LOVE that colorway. They look so pretty! Can you just frog back to the ankle where it's too baggy? Maybe frog back to the ankle and switch the the 1s for an inch or two and then go back to the 2s higher up?

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Thursday, July 20, 2006 2:13:00 PM #
 
<< Home

musac love

XM Station 818 - Flight 26

podcast love

reading

The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer

viewing

Fringe, Mad Men, Man vs. Wild

eating

Vegan Yummy

drinking

Coffee with soy milk

exercising

Every moment of my day is exercise..hello, I chase after a 4 year old!

knitting

Clapotis, Donyales Socks, Highly Regarded Mitts, Berry Hill Mitts, Philadelphia Eagles Broadripples

doin' this

Photobucket


spoil me handmade

free hit counters