Thursday, March 22, 2007

Sock it to me baby!

Yes, 3 posts in 3 days. I'm makin' my mama proud. Speaking of making mama proud, Buggernut decided last night that if we can find her 'Cars' panties that she would like to try the potty. Um, yeah. Girls Cars panties. What are the chances? So yes, my little girl will be the one with the little boy's flappy thing in the front of her undies because at this point I am willing to do whatever to get her potty trained. Wish me luck. We are going to try all day today.

In knitting news, I made these beauties for Embee's little Drewski...



They were ripped out a few times so that I could rewrite the pattern. You'd think with a sock so small that someone could figure out how to write a pattern, but uh, no.




Sock specs:

Pattern: Was going to be some fancy pants pattern, but ended up about 10 rows of k1.p1 rib at the cuff, stockinette, slipped stitch heel and kitchenered toe. :)
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns in Taos (by the fabulous Dani!)
Needles: Clover Bamboo DPN's size 1 (a.k.a. toothpicks)
Notes: LOVED these. And this yarn is to DIE FOR! It's super soft, knits up beautifully and the colors were so even and lovely. I LOVE Sunshine Yarns. Go buy some!

Hopefully MB will send me some pics after the Drewski is born so I can post his little feet wearing these. :) Hint, hint. FIND YOUR CAMERA CORD!

Today calls for some yummy thunderstorms, potty training and lots of knitting in my PJs. AND a new Grey's episode. I have to miss knit night tonight because the dh has something work related going on but I'll see my grrrrls on Saturday. Can't wait!
Have a super day everyone!

Labels: , ,

Posted by Wannabe @ 7:38 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Too cute.

Posted by Blogger Sara @ Thursday, March 22, 2007 8:00:00 AM #
 

Awwww... they came out so cute!!

Posted by Blogger Spiff @ Thursday, March 22, 2007 10:18:00 AM #
 

My friend is having a hard time getting her daughter to come around to the potty idea too. I'll send you happy potty thoughts!!! What cute little sockies!!

Posted by Blogger Karen @ Thursday, March 22, 2007 10:29:00 AM #
 

aWWWW TOO CUTE. tHANKS FOR THE COMMENT about Caloptis, I bougth 3 skeins but I only had her wind 2 in case I did not use the third, each skein is 350 yds, the shawl calls for 615, I know I bought I skein extra I always do.

Posted by Blogger KeanaLee @ Thursday, March 22, 2007 6:19:00 PM #
 

What adorable socks :-)

Cars underpants are what got my son to potty train! That's cute that your daughter wants them. Who cares about the little flap in the front if it gets her going, right?

Posted by Blogger SpiderWomanKnits @ Thursday, March 22, 2007 8:58:00 PM #
 

I am so going to make these!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Wednesday, May 02, 2007 6:25:00 PM #
 
<< Home

musac love

XM Station 818 - Flight 26

podcast love

reading

The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer

viewing

Fringe, Mad Men, Man vs. Wild

eating

Vegan Yummy

drinking

Coffee with soy milk

exercising

Every moment of my day is exercise..hello, I chase after a 4 year old!

knitting

Clapotis, Donyales Socks, Highly Regarded Mitts, Berry Hill Mitts, Philadelphia Eagles Broadripples

doin' this

Photobucket


spoil me handmade

free hit counters