Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Game of Charades

As promised, I give you Charade sock number one...







Specs:
Pattern: Charade Socks by Sandra Park
Yarn: Yarn Pirate Superwash Fingering Merino in Rosie gifted to me from Sarah
Needles: Susan Bates Size 1 DPNs
Mods: I just picked up a few more stitches in the gusset...18 instead of 16 and kept those 2 extra on each side when I knit the foot to accomodate for the wideness in my foot. That's it. This pattern ROCKS!

That Sandra is a genius. This is the most fun sock pattern of all time. As she suggested, I rented Charade to watch while I knit sock number 2....le sigh...nothin' better than Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant together.

And I'm determined not to have SSS (Second Sock Syndrome) on these so here's the proof in the pudding.

Labels: ,

Posted by Wannabe @ 7:07 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Oh so pretty!!!! Good job getting the second sock started right away too. You'll have a complete pair in no time. :)

Posted by Blogger Karen @ Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:39:00 AM #
 

LLUFFFF the socks - you are my inspiration - yes, I can make a pair of socks....that's what I keep telling myself...

: )

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:05:00 AM #
 

lurve the socks. I'm having trouble complete the first sock nevermind starting the second *blushes*
xx

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:51:00 AM #
 

nice colors. it makes me hungry for sherbert. yum.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Tuesday, June 19, 2007 12:20:00 PM #
 

those socks are amazing, can't wait to see them as a matching pair, although it is a bit hot for socks right now.

Posted by Blogger Michellefinaz @ Thursday, June 21, 2007 1:57:00 PM #
 

Beautiful....great job promptly starting your second! :)

Posted by Blogger a friend to knit with @ Monday, June 25, 2007 5:43:00 AM #
 

That yarn is great! The sock looks fabulous.

Posted by Blogger Macoco @ Tuesday, June 26, 2007 6:34:00 AM #
 
<< Home

musac love

XM Station 818 - Flight 26

podcast love

reading

The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer

viewing

Fringe, Mad Men, Man vs. Wild

eating

Vegan Yummy

drinking

Coffee with soy milk

exercising

Every moment of my day is exercise..hello, I chase after a 4 year old!

knitting

Clapotis, Donyales Socks, Highly Regarded Mitts, Berry Hill Mitts, Philadelphia Eagles Broadripples

doin' this

Photobucket


spoil me handmade

free hit counters