Friday, July 20, 2007

Green Week Days 4 & 5

Overcommitting. This is my specialty. Like overcommitting on blogging on a week that I have so much going on.

Green Week Day 4: Those who inspire you to live more green

This is an easy one for me. It would be my good friend, Mikael. We met 7 years ago and I've mentioned here before on my blog...she has taught me so much about how to live more simply, live more earth friendly and even introduced me to cloth diapering with the diapers I have been using for 3 years (which incidently I ended up WORKING FOR the company that makes them several years back). I'm also inspired by the all the wonderful ideas here in the Flickr pool on how to live more green.

Green Week Day 5: A promise and a few more ideas

A few more ideas that I haven't brought up yet this week. Go in your bathroom or kitchen and tell me what natural products you use and what you think you can do to change what you use to be more earth friendly and cruelty-free to animals and the environment. There are so many small steps you can take.

To find beauty products that are cruelty-free you can visit: www.leapingbunny.org
To find cruelty-free, earth friendly products you can go here and visit Skin Deep: www.cosmeticsdatabase.com

Here are some products that I use and LOVE that pass both the tests:
Trader Joes Shaving Cream in Honey Mango (paraben free, cruelty-free, and vegetarian)
Trader Joes Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner (cruelty-free, organic, vegetarian and sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate free)
Burt's Bees Citrus and Ginger Root Body Wash(cruelty-free, paraben free and sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate free)


Please share some of your favorite natural products with me.

Kel posted a promise that I absolutely adored on her blog today so to round out Green Week I'm going to cut and paste it here:

My Promise
Dear Earth,
As your friend, I promise to consume (eat, drive, etc…) only when necessary. I promise to stop and actually smell the roses, notice the sunrise and be thankful for all of the natural beauty that surrounds my daily routine. I promise to vote for leaders who are thoughtful of you. I promise to shop locally and support small business. I promise to plant indigenous species. I promise to go to the pound when I want a pet and not a designer puppy warehouse. I promise to always work for peace first. I promise to use what I have, be thrifty, walk whenever possible, and scream from the mountaintops that we can change the tide. I promise to tread as lightly as possible.
xo


I hope this week has inspired you to look around you a little bit more, notice things that can benefit your health and the health of our planet and allow us to preserve our beautiful planet for generations to come.

Oh, and KNIT ON. After all, knitting is green too. It helps curb mass production. ;)

Labels:

Posted by Wannabe @ 1:38 PM

Read or Post a Comment

YOu've been so busy - but I am glad you fit these posts in. Great info and excellent food for thought. Thank you!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Friday, July 20, 2007 6:37:00 PM #
 

we use the same shampoo and conditioner. if feel so...cool.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Monday, July 23, 2007 9:33:00 AM #
 

Oh my friend, I'm honored! Finally checking in here. Feeling more normal every day. Missing you much. Love your work.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Tuesday, August 21, 2007 8:30:00 PM #
 
<< Home

musac love

XM Station 818 - Flight 26

podcast love

reading

The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer

viewing

Fringe, Mad Men, Man vs. Wild

eating

Vegan Yummy

drinking

Coffee with soy milk

exercising

Every moment of my day is exercise..hello, I chase after a 4 year old!

knitting

Clapotis, Donyales Socks, Highly Regarded Mitts, Berry Hill Mitts, Philadelphia Eagles Broadripples

doin' this

Photobucket


spoil me handmade

free hit counters