Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hello, pictures?

That title is for my sister, Sara. Yeah.

So I've been a bit busy doing this...



...which is why blogging and knitting has been thrown to the wayside. We started homeschool preschool this past week. We aren't going turbo or anything...just spending an hour a day of structured time and then at least one activity in the morning each day.

This is The 'Nut's first try at writing her ABC's:


I think that's pretty amazing for a kid that turned 3 in May. The Mister reminded me that the alphabet ends in Z, not V when he saw this...pa-lease....we stopped when she was clearly getting overwhelmed. I'm all about a no pressure learning environment at this point. So after this we did some stories on animals and played with animal stickers on paper. We also played a game of Chutes and Ladders. That's pretty much the extent of what we are doing right now.
Today we went to the library and I let her pick out and fill a big bag full of books so instead of writing today we will just do an extra long story time and maybe color or do some puzzles. It's so fun watching her learn.

On the knitting front, I did finish Trekking sock #1. I was actually thinking about gifting these to my MIL for Christmas...that is until I tried them on...um, no. They ARE MINE MINE MINE! I'm going to cast on for the second sock tonight at knitting so they should qualify for the SAM4 KAL for August. WOOT! I was lucky to get Karen as my group leader (okay, that sounds like rehab or something)...I'm so lucky and want to make her proud. ;) Mwah.





I'm hoping to cast on for a Melody Shawl this weekend if I have some time and maybe start on a sweater...you know since it's only 100 degrees today. ;)

Labels: , ,

Posted by Wannabe @ 12:32 PM

Read or Post a Comment

great socks...thought you said they were for me?? :P
Oh Little Nuts is so clever,,well done xx

Posted by Blogger YarnSnob @ Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:25:00 PM #
 

I love Bug's ABC's. She did great.

Oh, and the sock. I love it. It looks perfect for a cold New England winter. Ahem. Just kidding. :)

Posted by Blogger Sara @ Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:55:00 PM #
 

Ha ha ha, if I was a sock rehab group leader we'd ALL be in trouble. I'm the biggest addict myself. But anyway, I am so thrilled to have you in my group and I'm so very proud already. :) I'm also impressed with your homeschool preschool. Your philosophy and pacing sound just perfect.

Posted by Blogger Karen @ Thursday, July 26, 2007 6:21:00 PM #
 

Arg! I have missed so much stuff!

I'm so excited you have started homeschooling. Whoohoo!

Also, did I tell you I made my own laundry detergent this week? No phosphates, totally works, dirt cheap, and it took all of 2 minutes to make. Yay, green!

Can we do the dollar and a half cardigan next? It's going to be time for it here soon enough!

Posted by Blogger Spiff @ Friday, July 27, 2007 8:51:00 AM #
 

yay for something! i am so stinking excited about something!! you should really really imagine how flippin' excited i am!!! more exclamation marks!!!!

ps: i am NOT mockin anybody here, it's just my poor attempt at a little online humor. i don't know all the sweet IM abbreviations so i have to settle with exclamation marks. !!!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Friday, July 27, 2007 9:27:00 AM #
 

oooh I think I'd keep them for myself too because that yarn is so pretty.

Posted by Blogger Macoco @ Wednesday, August 01, 2007 10:40:00 AM #
 
<< Home

musac love

XM Station 818 - Flight 26

podcast love

reading

The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer

viewing

Fringe, Mad Men, Man vs. Wild

eating

Vegan Yummy

drinking

Coffee with soy milk

exercising

Every moment of my day is exercise..hello, I chase after a 4 year old!

knitting

Clapotis, Donyales Socks, Highly Regarded Mitts, Berry Hill Mitts, Philadelphia Eagles Broadripples

doin' this

Photobucket


spoil me handmade

free hit counters