Friday, October 26, 2007

I knit something for me...

Yes, I needed a break from the Christmas knitting, so I whipped up something quick and fun for ME! My sweet friend (who I will meet in person for the first time EVAH in 15 DAYS!!! WOOOOOOHOOOO!), Plucky Sarah sent me some yummy yarn from FeltStudio UK and I had to knit with it. Amazing stuff. I can't believe all these different textures of yarn are all spun into one gorgeous skein.

(close up of the yummy goodness)

(Modeling in the 90 degree AZ heat....this is the last time you will see long curls...chop, chop tomorrow!)

(I adore these colors!)

(How hard is it to take a picture of yourself? VERY. I resorted to the mirror...complete with spots...to give you an idea of how long it is with it wrapped around my neck twice)

Basic Recipe:
Cast on how many ever stitches you want it to be width-wise...I think I did about 13
Knit garter stitch on size 19 needles (I felt like I was knitting with friggin' salad spoons!)
Knit until you have enough yarn to bind off. Bind off loosely.

All I've been doing lately is super secret Christmas knitting. I did needle felt for the first time last weekend but I need to perfect the thing because it looks more like an orange than a pumpkin. Pics in a few days.

Have a super weekend!


Labels: , , ,

Posted by Wannabe @ 7:10 PM

Read or Post a Comment

It's perfect on you!!!!! Very cute. Those 19's are like knitting with spoons, aren't they?

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Friday, October 26, 2007 7:46:00 PM #
 

Absolutely fabulous! I love the hair - but can't wait to see the new "do."

Posted by Blogger Natalie @ Saturday, October 27, 2007 6:25:00 AM #
 

Oh that scarf is so pretty! I love the colors.

Posted by Blogger mle @ Saturday, October 27, 2007 6:42:00 AM #
 

...and also, you stabbed yourself while making the "orange"!

i think i may need to break down and knit something for myself here soon too....i realized the other day that i have not knit anything for myself...ever. so, um, yeah. i need to fix that.

Posted by Blogger krysten @ Saturday, October 27, 2007 12:28:00 PM #
 

Are you not the prettiest thing ever?

Posted by Blogger Scoutj @ Saturday, October 27, 2007 4:17:00 PM #
 

So pretty!! And the scarf is gorgeous too. ;)

Posted by Blogger Karen @ Sunday, October 28, 2007 6:08:00 AM #
 

That yarn looks delicious!! Love the colors too :)

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Sunday, October 28, 2007 12:39:00 PM #
 

look at you wannabeHOTTY! that's a fabulass scarf. i luff it.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Monday, October 29, 2007 10:42:00 AM #
 
<< Home

musac love

XM Station 818 - Flight 26

podcast love

reading

The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer

viewing

Fringe, Mad Men, Man vs. Wild

eating

Vegan Yummy

drinking

Coffee with soy milk

exercising

Every moment of my day is exercise..hello, I chase after a 4 year old!

knitting

Clapotis, Donyales Socks, Highly Regarded Mitts, Berry Hill Mitts, Philadelphia Eagles Broadripples

doin' this

Photobucket


spoil me handmade

free hit counters