Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A sock I won't be wearing...

My nephew's first birthday is this coming Saturday. Since I haven't met him yet...sniff, sniff, because he lives with his mama, my sister, over 3000 miles away, I wanted to do something really nice so he loves me to pieces when I do finally get to meet him this October. His mama is throwing a sock monkey themed birthday party and I offered to knit him his very own sock monkey. I hope he likes it.







Specs:
Pattern: Sockless Sock Monkey by Anita M. Wheeless
Yarn: Berroco Comfort DK in Bittersweet, Barley and True Red
Needles: Knit Picks Nickel DPNs size 3
Mods: I would have purchased 2 balls of this yarn for the main color if I was to make this again. I ran out and had to add a bit more cream than the pattern called for on this tail and have to do some of the sewing with chocolate colored floss.

Labels:

Posted by Wannabe @ 9:34 AM

Read or Post a Comment

HILARIOUS!!!! I love him!! And, I can see why you call him what you do ; )

Posted by Blogger Sarah @ Wednesday, April 16, 2008 11:19:00 AM #
 

haha:o) too cute! i hope he loves it. i haven't met my new niece either - she'll be 10 months old when i finally do:o/

Posted by Blogger Shawna @ Wednesday, April 16, 2008 11:31:00 AM #
 

That is such a sweet sock monkey! I'm sure it will be very loved. :)

Posted by Blogger Macoco @ Wednesday, April 16, 2008 1:09:00 PM #
 

he's adorable. Did you name him? He needs a name, you must name him. Something funny.

-Btw, I was out all day, I'll give you a call in the morning, I'm about to start dinner. I'm sorry you got so sick. :(

Posted by Blogger Sara @ Wednesday, April 16, 2008 1:14:00 PM #
 

How could he not love it . . . or you???

Posted by Blogger Karen @ Wednesday, April 16, 2008 2:39:00 PM #
 

OMG, this guy is so sa-weet! I want to kiss his big red lips!:)

Posted by Blogger peaknits @ Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:00:00 PM #
 

OMG so cute. he loves you already you know that!

Posted by Blogger embee @ Thursday, April 17, 2008 5:51:00 AM #
 

Jorge the sock monkey.

Posted by Blogger Sara @ Thursday, April 17, 2008 8:09:00 AM #
 

Love it! He looks huge....how big IS that monkey? wink...wink

Posted by Blogger blondie @ Thursday, April 17, 2008 12:33:00 PM #
 

i can't believe you MADE THAT. it's awesome, my dear. you pretty much rock.

Posted by Blogger iamchanelle @ Thursday, April 17, 2008 9:01:00 PM #
 

Jorge is so cute. Must have been such a great party. I'm sure he will love it forever.

Posted by Blogger Simply Smitten Photography @ Sunday, April 20, 2008 11:46:00 PM #
 

that is one stellar monkey!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Friday, April 25, 2008 8:37:00 PM #
 
<< Home

musac love

XM Station 818 - Flight 26

podcast love

reading

The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer

viewing

Fringe, Mad Men, Man vs. Wild

eating

Vegan Yummy

drinking

Coffee with soy milk

exercising

Every moment of my day is exercise..hello, I chase after a 4 year old!

knitting

Clapotis, Donyales Socks, Highly Regarded Mitts, Berry Hill Mitts, Philadelphia Eagles Broadripples

doin' this

Photobucket


spoil me handmade

free hit counters