Friday, October 26, 2007
Cast on how many ever stitches you want it to be width-wise...I think I did about 13
Knit garter stitch on size 19 needles (I felt like I was knitting with friggin' salad spoons!)
Knit until you have enough yarn to bind off. Bind off loosely.
Have a super weekend!
Friday, October 12, 2007
- My knitting grrrrrls...they make me laugh. My heart swells when I laugh...I need that....and they give it. We had such a fun night last night. :)
- My kiddo. She is grateful and thankful for everything. Today she thanked me for cleaning her pants for heaven's sake. She is such a sweetie. She stretches me and makes me want to be more like her everyday.
- My man. For working so hard for the Buggernut and I.
- My sisters. They are the first ones I want to call when I'm happy, sad, mad...anything...cause I know that they will always be there for me.
- Having an awesome birthday and anniversary.
- Knitting. It centers me and feeds my creative brain.
- Baking cookies with my kiddo this week. We had such a good time...and combined a math lesson at the same time.
- Having the windows open every morning this week! WHAT WHAT...heeeeelllllloooo fall.
Labels: Grateful Friday
Thursday, October 11, 2007Michelle's yummy pumpkin cookies. :)
Left to Right: Spiffy's K, my Buggernut, Spiffy's A, Gherkin's B, Michelle's N, Michelle's niece M, and Michelle's J
The 'Nut with her decorated Haunted House. :)
Not a lot of knitting was done...or crocheting for that matter...but that will take place later tonight when the mamas get together for dinner and knitting. Who knows, maybe our kiddos will end up knitting together someday. For now, I'm grateful that the Nut has some awesome littles to hang out with...and I'm grateful for their mama's friendship. See what knitting does? It brings people together. :)
(all pics are clickable to make larger and are courtesy of Michelle and Gherkin)
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
This past week I celebrated my 31st birthday. It was one of the best birthdays in years. The hubster took the day off, allowed me to sleep in and took care of the 'Nut, made me a homemade breakfast, took the 'Nut out for 3 hours in the afternoon so I could knit and watch a movie in peace, gave me the BEST SHOES EVER, and took me out for a yummy dinner. Couldn't ask for more.
Today is our 8th wedding anniversary. We aren't doing anything much today except I'm cooking a really nice dinner...organic balsamic chicken, mashed garlic red potatoes, fresh organic green beans paired with a really nice white Australian wine and chocolate mousse torte for dessert. We had talked about watching our wedding video...we'll see. Next week my MIL is taking the 'Nut for her first sleepover at Grandma's house so we can go out to a nice dinner and movie and have a night alone. I'm SO looking forward to that.
It's amazing to me the changes in our lives in 8 years. We've had good times and bad but have proved that we can make it thru anything as long as we love each and want to make it work. I love you Bri...and look forward to celebrating many more. Mwah.