Tuesday, May 29, 2007
So you know, I gift knit. A lot. A lot of the recipients of said gifties read this blog so it's hard to post till I actually gift the goods. This past Thursday...or shall I use the Buggernut's fav phrase...last Thursday....I spent time with a very dear friend of mine, Mikael. We've known each other for 7 years this summer. I luff her. She is funny, kind, very warm and open and I feel like I can tell her anything...she's just one of those friends. She's also preggers with her 3rd baby. This is amazing to me...not that she is pregnant for a 3rd time, but that when she was preggers with her first baby we had just met. Life changes so much in 7 years. Anywho, we met up at her house and then headed off to Cibo for a fabu-lass dinner. We gnoshed and talked up a storm. Then we headed back to her house for a slice of heaven aka Trader Joe's Mud Pie (hellllllllo...this is my new fav!) and gifties. Now she's a lot like me with gifts. I love givin', but hate receivin'. It's not that I don't appreciate the thought or anything, but I get embarrassed. I knew she was like this too, but I couldn't resist knitting her something for the new babe.
These are extremely crapalicious pictures because The Nut was napping and I had to photo in my bedroom. So I'm hoping she might post some pics to her blog when the new babe comes...since she's an amazing photographer and all. :)
Pattern: Organic Cotton Blanket from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms by Louisa Harding
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton in Sand
Needles: Denise Size 8
Pattern: Organic Cotton Bunny from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms by Louisa Harding
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton in Sand, very small amount of leftover Lamb's Pride Worsted in Charcoal Gray for eyes and nose
Needles: Straight Aluminums size 8
Saturday, May 26, 2007
A hermit living in the big city
'How will you be defined in the dictionary?' at QuizGalaxy.com
'How will you be defined in the dictionary?' at QuizGalaxy.com
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
I've been absent a lot...but for good reasons. Miss Buggernut had her 3rd birthday last week with several events surrounding that, Mother's Day events....we also have some pretty intense personal stuff going on too...so I've been trying to prioritize life right now...and that involves less computer time and a lot less knitting time. I promise to be back soon...most likely after the long weekend with some FO pics and in progress pics. Hope everyone is well.
Labels: Life...le sigh
Friday, May 11, 2007This week I'm grateful for:
- The cool dude in the pic above who just happens to be my famous Buggernut. The kid CRACKS.ME.UP and I'm so grateful that I get to spend my life being her mama.
- My sisters....and my adopted one.
- My mama. I miss her.
- Being healthy.
- New Yarn.
- An extra long knit night last night chattin' it up with Miss Spiff.
- A full weekend ahead with a scheduled tea par-tay with the MIL and the Mister's relatives.
- Love in my life.
- Good, healthy food in my fridge
Labels: Grateful Friday
Thursday, May 10, 2007TinkerStinker told me I needed to post. I know people...I'm a slacker. I've been busy with Mother's Day stuff and a bit of crafting and general mommy stuff.
But what you ask...has been taking every spare millisecond that I have in the day when I'm not scrubbing floors, cleaning makeup brushes, organizing bookshelves and doing party invites for The Mister's grandma's 90th?
Well, meet Rosie the Charade Sock aka My Drug of Choice.
I completely blame my twin for this. The pattern was her idea and the Yarn Pirate yarn was sent by her (see last post). I'm addicted.
We all know I should be responsible and knit the BSA Rectangle Shawl that has a DEADLINE.
Or maybe the Chemo Cap for my sick auntie.
Ohhhh...Rosie, what have you done to me?
Friday, May 4, 2007(Yarn Pirate Superwash Merino Sock Yarn in Rosie, adorable wallet in my signature colors, a yummy lemon verbena candle, a cute stripey matchbox, Cucina Hand Wash and Lotion and some delish Republic of Tea teabags)
Hi, my name is Wannabe. I'm spoiled.
This Friday I am grateful for:
- Awesome girlfriends who send you yummy packages just 'cause. (see above)
- Winning a blog contest over at MLE Knits
- Martha Stewart Crafts released at Michael's this week (thanks to Sara for the tip!) which just makes me all gooey and happy with crafting possibilities (anyone want to watch the 'Nut for a week so I can get some of those ideas done...ehem.)
- Getting an enormous amount of deep cleaning and organizing done around Chez Wannabe this week!
- Trader Joe's Salt and Pepper Tater Chips...mmmmm
- Looking forward to a family get together at my aunt's tomorrow
- ROOOOOOOOSIIIIIIIE sock yarn....destined to become these!!!
- Scoring 2 skeins of Yarn Pirate Sock Yarn in Malamute and Pretty Pirate with the assistance of one Plucky Knitter. Muah.
- Having 3 movies that I REALLY want to see waiting for me on top of the TV: The Queen, Black Dahlia and Notes on a Scandal.
- Having super mild weather...it's only 80 today!
- My blooming hanging pot of pink geraniums outside my front door.
- Having health, family and love in my life.
Have a fantastic weekend!
Wednesday, May 2, 2007Embee for her new baby, Drewski. Photos courtesy of my other sister, Sara.
I posted specs on these babies here.
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
But....I did knit a meathead. And I heart it. It is going to be for Sara's girlie, KG. I made her a hat last year but it might have fit a newborn...seriously.
Pattern: Meathead Hat by Larissa Brown
Needles: Size 15 Clover Bamboo DPNs
Yarn: 1 skein of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky in Lotus Pink
Mods: knit in the round instead of flat so I reduced the stitch count by 2 for the cast on.
LOVED IT. It's a great stash buster...only requires one skein of bulky weight yarn which is doubled throughout and it only took an hour to knit! Haaaallo!
Okay, kids...now I need help figuring out an embellishment. A flower, a vintage pin, buttons up the side? Ideas?
In swag news....
This came the other day...
Scout's Swag Indie Swag Club for April in Lavender Mint...can I get an OOOOOOOOOO...
Of all the swag I've gotten from Miss Scout, I think this is my fav. I was so happy to have my name drawn for this round. Along with this skein came a tin of Heal My Hands in Lavender Mint, Heal My Lips in Madagascar Vanilla and samples of Heal My Feet and the Mask! I couldn't have asked for a better swag. Go support Scout. She is the bizomb!
In addiction news: Headbands...loving the headbands.
I'm in transition with the hair. I thought maybe I was going to go long again. Not so sure...so to help me not make a rash decision like this one....I'm going to hold back the mane with headbands. I tried several...some that Miss Tink loved...but didn't work for me very well....until I found this place....oh.my.land.people. I love these so much. They stay put and are super cute hair up or down. They also reversible so you get 2 headbands for the price of one. What,what.
Le sigh...oh Etsy...what you do to me....