Saturday, November 25, 2006
Us on Thanksgiving Day in my aunt and uncle's back yard...nice views, 'eh?
We had a fabulous Thanksgiving at my aunt's house again this year. It was bittersweet as she will be moving at the beginning of the year back east...lucky! We gorged ourselves on Pumpkin Soup, Turkey, Mashed Taters, Routmousse, Veggie Casserole, Green Bean Casserole, Homemade Rolls, Cranberry Sauce and Pies for dessert. It was delish! We even got to enjoy off roading with my uncle again this year in his Jeep Rubicon. I really am going to miss them so much! :(
On the knitting front...well, okay it's all hush-hush. Sorry. But be prepared for some serious pictures after the holidays! :)
Saturday, November 11, 2006
This is the newest member of our family. Dean. He is a 10 year old male kitty from Rescue, where I have voluteered at on the weekends for the past 4+ years. He will be coming home with me after my shift there on Monday night! After a long application, several phone interviews and an in-person meet this morning, it was decided that we are going to foster him with intent to adopt him permanently if he fits into our family and gets along with our other kitties. I am super excited. I absolutely LOVE this cat...he has been one of my favs there for a long time. He does have some special needs and will be on heart meds for the rest of his life. I'm looking forward to loving him for as long as he is with us. Welcome to our family sweet little man. :)
Friday, November 10, 2006
Okay, so "You Know", here is my Grateful Friday post just for you!;)
1. Getting some loving encouragement from my sister on the phone today about how to handle my out of control 2.5 year olds temper tantrums in public. She never judges and always lends helpful support...I love her.
2. Knit night last night rocked my world. This chica always makes me laugh and feel better. AND Starbucks has peppermint mochas again...so between good friends, much needed laughs and peppermint mochas...okay and a VERY hot barista...it was a great knit night...oh...and the knitting was good too! ;)
3. I have the opportunity to foster with intent to adopt this little guy. We have an appointment tomorrow to see if the Buggernut will do well with him. If so, we will bring him home sometime this week.
4. Thanksgiving. I'm so glad it's only a few weeks away. I think it's my favorite holiday really...this year will be a lot different because my parents and grandparents won't be here, but I just found out that my brother and his new family will be joining us at my aunt's so I'm pretty thankful for that.
5. Felicity Season 3 on DVD...seriously. If you haven't seen this show, Netflix it. I love it.
6. Grey's is on again tonight. Hello, knitting, my favorite blanket and Grey's.
7. Having a husband who works so hard for our family. And he turns 29 on Sunday. :)
8. Peppermint Stick ice cream.
Friday, November 3, 2006Anne), I'm here...I've just been busy and the blog has taken a backseat.
I'm going to TRY...I said TRY...to start blogging more frequently which will be hard because all my knitting right now is holiday knitting which equals no pics...so I'm going to give you something even better...yarn P0rn. Yeah baby. Keep checkin' in cause I have some good stuff to photograph this weekend.
If you know me...even a little, you know that I'm a bit...well, on the pessimistic side and so I'm going to steal..uh, borrow, from Sara, Embee, and Heather and try a little gratefulness.
So here goes:
1. These beauties that I picked up at Trader Joe's this week. I'm a sunflower kinda girl anyways, but these just were the prettiest darn things I have seen in a while and a bonus, they turned the water an almost light purpley color from the stems...they've been a joy to look at all week.
2. I had a super productive morning this morning...Buggernut behaved herself which allowed me to get some MAJOR housework done. Major housework on a Friday=more time to spend doing fun stuff this weekend!
3. My weekly, okay bi- or maybe tri-weekly phone chats with Sarie. She always makes me laugh, brightens my day and just "gets" me. I love her so much and I'm so glad she's my sister.
4. Old Navy Stuff N Save bags in the mail. What, what!
5. KT Tunstall. That grrrl makes me shake my groove thang, and that's hotness right there. Download this: Black Horse and the Cherry Tree & Suddenly I See....or better yet, just download the whole album, Eye to the Telescope and you can thank me later! ;)
6. Trader Joe's Mini Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
7. Getting Disc 5 & 6 of Season 2 of Felicity on DVD in the mail today.
8. Yankee Pumpkin Pie Candles...mmmm, my house smells sooo good right now.