Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Friday, January 26, 2007
I'm grateful for lots this week:
- Fair trade hot cocoa....I'm pretty much off coffee (okay, I might break this when I'm in CT and there is a Dunkin' Donuts on every corner...)
- Knit night. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE getting together with the girlies and knitting away. There is always lots of laughing, knitting help, funny stories and an overall sense of friendship. It really recharges me to be around these women every week.
- Knitting. I am so grateful that I finally found my "thing". It's soothing, fun, and I love creating things from scratch for the people I love.
- My new Starbucks mug. It's pink and brown OF COURSE, and adorable. My wallet couldn't resist it last night.
- The Buggernut. She makes me laugh. I love to laugh. She also gives the best sleepy warm hugs first thing in the morning.
- Walking In Memphis by Marc Cohn. I love this song. I heard it on my way home from knitting last night and walked in the door and told the Mister...he downloaded it right away. It was one of those songs we HAD to have played at our wedding reception. LOVE.
- Booking my airline tickets to go see my favorite girls in March.
- Flannel sheets
- Orange Patchouli candles
Labels: Grateful Friday
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Wristwarmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Noro Cash Iroha Color #109 Light Pink - 2 balls
Needles: Clover 8" Size 6 Circs, Clover Bamboo Size 6 DPNs
Modifications: I made these longer than the ones I made before. I added a 16 row repeat to make these fall well below the wrist. The pattern is written so that the warmer ends just below the wrist bone...I wanted to lengthen these so I did order 2 balls but only used about 1 1/2.
***These are super soft and I love the way they fit. I'm definitely making a pair for me soon!
I sent a few extra goodies in Cheri's package. She is the lovey that made the last 2 banners for my blog so I wanted to hook her up. We'll see if she post pics of the other things in her package on her blog soon! ENJOY Cheri. I hope these keep you nice and warm!
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Lil' Critter Hat
Courtesy of Sara
Yarn: Hand dyed 100% Peruvian Wool from "The Shop that Shall Not Be Named"
Needles: Size 8 Peace Fleece Birch...a gift from Anne
Model: The Buggernut
This hat was so fast. I finished it in a few hours...including the seaming! Love it!
Friday, January 19, 2007
- The Mister and I seemed to have dodged the puke bug. Knock on wood.
- The Buggernut is feeling much better. Any parent will tell you how hard it is to watch your child be so sick and not be able to "fix" it...it's a helpless feeling. I am grateful today that she is feeling well and is starting to eat normal stuff again.
- Talking to my sister for insane amounts of time this week. It's really become a bit of an addiction. I'm so looking forward to flying up to see her in a month and a half.
- My pink Chuck Taylors
- The white hydrangea that is blooming in a pot on my dining room table. It reminds me of Nantucket in the summertime.
- Rainy days
- Jack Bauer...yumma yum.
- Having a husband who works incredibly hard and was my rock this week.
- Meeting my aunt for breakfast tomorrow at Wildflower. It will probably be one of the last times we get to do this since she moves in a few months. I love my alone girl talk time with her.
- This yarn I saw this morning at Scout's blog...I'm going to order the pink and brown colorway in the bulky Louet...yummmmm...
Labels: Grateful Friday
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
I still haven't downloaded pictures from Christmas yet, my house is a mess, I need to go grocery shopping and to Target but can't leave the house yet because Bug is JUST starting to eat again. I feel so behind.
Saturday, January 6, 2007
Can someone tell me if this means my hair or a real chia pet?
Thursday, January 4, 2007Tinkalicious for the new Knitalicious header! Is she the Bizomb or what?
I PROMISE I will download some pics this week from Christmas and knitting progress. I've been busy trying to get my habitat back into order and cleaning like a crazy person. I guess that's what happens when you don't clean for a month because the Christmas decs mask the house goo.