Friday, March 30, 2007Things I am grateful for this week:
- Getting to help this crazy grrrrl, Mikael, who pets my shoes on dinner dates, move into her new house this weekend. I love her so much and can't wait to see her.
- Mild weather this week...it has been BEEEEEAUTIFUL here.
- Trader Joe's Toasted Oatmeal Flakes and fresh blackberries
- iPod love
- Blooming daffodils
- Buggernut's laughter
- Espadrilles...me loves.
- Spending time with the grrrls last night at knit night and doing an awesome trade with Spiff
- Having "fresh meat" (okay, new knitters) at knitting last night and this past Saturday. Muahahahaah.....
- Talking to 2 of my 3 brothers this week for good blocks of time. :)
- Pancakes & a movie on a Monday night
- Being healthy this week
Labels: Grateful Friday
Thursday, March 29, 2007
I can't even knit because I'm basking in the warm sun, drinking my afternoon coffee and watching my Buggernut enjoy life. Can't get any sweeter than that. :)
Today calls for some spring cleaning, knit night with the grrrls and watching my daffodils bloom. Enjoy yours.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
So unlike Spiffy McSpiff when I'm between projects, uninspired or just lazy, my project of the day seems not to be a complicated cable bag or intarsia, it's just a plain ol' granny square dishcloth. And I love them. They require zero brain power, I can balance a pint of Haagen Dazs on my lap while knitting it and it fits in my Small Project Pouch (see last post). Besides that, I have about 60 balls (no exaggeration) of kitchen cotton in my stash that need to go away to make room for more fancy schmacy stuff.
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Speaking of Last Thursday here are some pics I took of my new small project pouch....you know, last Thursday.
Isn't it too cute? I've been eyeing one of these for a while over at Piddleloop. Jen is so talented and make the cutest bags. She also just opened up an etsy shop (...more to covet like this....DROOL). My favorite part of this bag is the grommet that the yarn feeds thru. GENIUS. I can't wait to tote some socks in this bag...soon. Socks for me. When I make them. Maybe Last Thursday...or next Thursday I'll start a pair. ;)
Friday, March 23, 2007
Today I am grateful for:
- My Buggernut who makes me laugh and has such a little personality. I love her to pieces. I also love that she loves Peanut Butter as much as I do. :)
- Unexpected opportunities
- Thunderstorms, cool weather and LOTS of rain
- Having knitting needles back in my hands after a decent hiatus. I forget when I don't knit much how much I miss it.
- Buggernut taking awesome naps since we've been home from CT which allowed me to get every room in our house deep cleaned and some big organizing done (read: under the kitchen sink, master closet etc...YEAH!)
- Blooming hydrangea on my dining room table
- Fresh strawberries
- Finding flip flop like slippers at Old Navy in Meriden
- Talking to my grandma yesterday...and hearing joy in her voice
- Having a super fun shopping trip with my MIL on Tuesday. We enjoyed each other's company a lot and it was really nice.
- Having Namaste Needles replace my knitting bag that was faulty and coming apart and it coming in 2 days! GO BUY A NAMASTE BAG from Scout! This company is amazing and stands by their customers, suppliers and their product! That's hard to find.
- Getting to see my knit grrrrrls tomorrow and looking forward to lunch with Anne
- Working at Rescue on Sunday...I haven't been there in 4 weeks and I miss it!
Thursday, March 22, 2007
In knitting news, I made these beauties for Embee's little Drewski...
They were ripped out a few times so that I could rewrite the pattern. You'd think with a sock so small that someone could figure out how to write a pattern, but uh, no.
Pattern: Was going to be some fancy pants pattern, but ended up about 10 rows of k1.p1 rib at the cuff, stockinette, slipped stitch heel and kitchenered toe. :)
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns in Taos (by the fabulous Dani!)
Needles: Clover Bamboo DPN's size 1 (a.k.a. toothpicks)
Notes: LOVED these. And this yarn is to DIE FOR! It's super soft, knits up beautifully and the colors were so even and lovely. I LOVE Sunshine Yarns. Go buy some!
Hopefully MB will send me some pics after the Drewski is born so I can post his little feet wearing these. :) Hint, hint. FIND YOUR CAMERA CORD!
Today calls for some yummy thunderstorms, potty training and lots of knitting in my PJs. AND a new Grey's episode. I have to miss knit night tonight because the dh has something work related going on but I'll see my grrrrls on Saturday. Can't wait!
Have a super day everyone!
Wednesday, March 21, 2007See I really have been knitting all you doubters of mine! It's just that everything I knit is for someone else...and most of those someones read this here blog so it's hard to show the goods until they are gifted.
Case in point: Pepperknit's Bainbridge Scarf
This was part of a birthday gift for my sister, Sarie. Of course, I neglected to get a picture of her wearing it but the Buggernut enjoyed being a model at 7am. :)
Pattern: Pepperknit's Bainbridge Scarf
Yarn: RYC Cashsoft by Rowan in Mirage
Needles: Denise size 5 circs
Mods: The only thing I changed was the tie...I knit it in garter instead of seed stitch
I loved this. It was super easy. The yarn was absolutely amazing to work with (my new fav I think), and she loved it. And Anne, the color was perfect on her so thanks for helping me pick it out! :)
Today I'm off to get ANOTHER nose ring. I lost 3 so far washing my face in the shower. I guess this is why they tell you not to use washcloths. Ehem.
More knitting pretties tomorrow.
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Karlos is really Kate. Kate is a kitten designed by Jess Hutch for Knitty. I renamed Kate because a boy baby needs a boy kitten name. That's where Karlos came in. Besides I like rolling my tongue when I say it. Repeat. Kaaaaaarrrrrlllllos. Nice.
Karlos was one of the gifties for my sister, Embee (or rather, Drewski, her baby-to-be) and was gifted to her at her baby shower weekend before last in Connecticut.
Here are Karlos' specs:
Pattern: Kate the Kitten by Jess Hutchinson for Knitty
Yarn: 3 skeins of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted in Blue Boy, Brite Blue and Lemon Drop
Needles: Clover Bamboo size 6 DPNs
Other ingredients: Polyfill, Clover Chibi for seaming and patience
More pics of Karlos in all his glory:
I think she liked him!
More knitting to come tomorrow....must go! ;)
Monday, March 19, 2007
Playing catch up over here but in a day or two you will see some actual knitting content. I am glad to be back but I miss my grrrrrrrrrls bad.
Tuesday, March 6, 2007SISTERS!!!! I am beyond the point of being excited...it's absolute euphoria. What sparked this trip is a little baby in Embee's belly and most of the knitting done around here is for that little bundle. But two other grrrrls are gonna receive a little something too....you'll have to wait till I get back for the reveal. I'm also looking forward to meeting Cheri who is the bizomb behind the awesome headers I've had around here lately. So all in all, if I can survive the plane rides with a 2 year old, make it thru the hassle that is security at the airport, not get stuck on the runway for 11 hours and make it safe and sound, I plan on doing a lot of laughing, catching up, eating fattening food, drinking lotsa coffee, knitting and shopping....mixed with visiting family and friends, and a baby shower. I'll catch you all when I return. Au revoir. (Cheri, that's goodbye in French.... ;).....)
Labels: so long farewell