Saturday, June 30, 2007A Friend To Knit With and her "Cookie of the Week" project she did with her kids...so the Buggernut and I have been doing some baking every week. Not necessarily cookies every week, but something baked. I plan on doing this all summer long. :)
So, I think a contest is long overdue, don't you? I'm going to have 2 prizes. One for a knitter and one for a non-knitter. First, let me indulge you with some cuteness.
The 'Nut and I baked for a Rescue bake sale. We made Snickerdoodles and used boxes a la Martha to package them beautifully. And of course, had to make a few dozen more to share with neighbors and fill our tummies. :)
This past week we made Sara's Strawberry Muffin recipe. These were OUT OF THIS WORLD amazing. Again, cupcake liners a la Martha. Notice the color choice. Ehem.
So here's the scoop. My little helper went thru a big change this week. If you've read the blog for a while you know that I post lots of pics of her. If you can correctly guess the change, you will be entered into a drawing for one of 2 yummy prizes. There is a big hint in one of the pictures of her.
Prize #1 will be for knitters: A custom "Wannabe" skein of sock yarn from the very talented The Plucky Knitter.
Prize #2 for the non-knitters: A pair of pretty earrings from Puffluna...my current Etsy addiction.
You have until Tuesday, July 3 to leave me a comment to be entered into the drawing. Happy Guessing!
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Anywho, KnitPicks had a summer sale a week or so ago and while perusing (and slightly salivating), I found the perfect yarn for a project I REALLY want to make....the BSA Cropped Cardigan. Does someone think I might have a :thing: for BSA patterns? Anywho, 8 skeins of Andean Treasure in Woods Heather jumped into my virtual basket. I got all 8 for around $25...hello, this is 100% BABY FREAKING ALPACA! This beats the yarn the pattern calls for which would have run me about $75...cough. I've heard nothing but good things about Andean Treasure and I can't wait to swatch and knit this up. Yummy.
The other package consisted of goodies from a blogiversary contest I won over at A Knitted Frenzy. Kim totally spoiled me with The Yarn Harlot's new book and a skein of Socks That Rock Mediumweight in Harlotty! THANK YOU KIM!
Now if I could only figure out a way to make the bills come in fibery form. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Pattern: Charade Socks by Sandra Park
Yarn: Yarn Pirate Superwash Fingering Merino in Rosie gifted to me from Sarah
Needles: Susan Bates Size 1 DPNs
Mods: I just picked up a few more stitches in the gusset...18 instead of 16 and kept those 2 extra on each side when I knit the foot to accomodate for the wideness in my foot. That's it. This pattern ROCKS!
That Sandra is a genius. This is the most fun sock pattern of all time. As she suggested, I rented Charade to watch while I knit sock number 2....le sigh...nothin' better than Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant together.
And I'm determined not to have SSS (Second Sock Syndrome) on these so here's the proof in the pudding.
Monday, June 18, 2007
In crafting news...the other night, my aunt, cousin and I went out for a Girl's Night. We had dinner at Sautee followed by pottery painting at As You Wish. Here's what I made...my very own ice cream bowl.
I like. Now everyone knows I have a "thing" for ice cream. I have to have it almost every night...now I have my very own bowl. Guess that means I shouldn't eat from the pint of Haagen-Dasz anymore, right? ;)
In knitting news, I've given up on the idea that I would finish the BSA Rectangle Shawl in time for The Mister's grandma's 90th birthday, so it's on the back burner for Christmas knitting. Really, I was sooo bored knitting this. It has a 10 row repeat but meh...there are so many other things I want to knit right now. Here she is stalled with about 2 balls knit with Louisa Harding Grace Wool-Silk.
Tomorrow, pics of Charade Sock #1 done and sock #2 on the needles.
Sunday, June 17, 2007
And to my Buggernut's daddy.....your daughter adores you. You are calm, gentle, kind and loving in every way to her and I am so thankful for you. I hope you have a fantastic day today.
Friday, June 15, 2007
- My hubster aka The Mister. He was awesome this week. I had a really hard day today and he was so supportive and did whatever he could to make me feel better. Just getting a nice hug from him is sometimes all I need to calm down and feel more centered.
- Getting to go out to dinner, pottery painting and ice cream with my aunt and cousin last night. It was SOO much fun!
- Finishing a sock that fits like a glove and is absolutely perfect (pics to follow next week!)
- Getting along really well with the MIL. I really really really am happy that we are doing well and developing a nice relationship...it makes life feel so much better.
- Knitting with Michelle for a few hours alone this week. It was a nice break and it was fun to get to know her a little bit more.
- Looking forward to knitting with friends tomorrow and spending quality family time this weekend.
- Hearing happy news from a good friend...and feeling so loved and blessed that she called to share it with ME!
- Getting to have a nice long chat with Embee yesterday.
- Making it in to The Yarn Pirate's Sock Booty Club! WOOT!
Have a fab weekend. Knitting pics and updates after the weekend!
Labels: Grateful Friday
Monday, June 11, 2007
The Plucky Knitter - breathtakingly beautiful hand dyed sock and laceweight yarn with colorways inspired by her favorite things
This Is Spiffy - gorgeous stitch markers & jewelry
MaryMo - handmade bags, pouches, art and knitwear
Scout's Swag - gorgeous yarns, knitting bags, and notions
TinkerWithThis - jewelry, pouches, hand stamped tees and baby items, gorgeous bags
Please feel free to share some of your favorite indie businesses with me in the comments so I can check them out! :)
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
:the way my husband's legs entangle with mine while we sleep
:my daughter's laugh when she's being tickled
:a full fridge
:ripe organic blackberries
:talking to my grandma on the phone while she mashes potatoes
:my curls blowing in the wind
:looking forward to thursdays
:audrey hepburn movies
:altoids cinnamon gum
:clean toaster ovens
:feeling accomplished after cleaning said toaster oven for over an hour
:loving that i can love
Labels: i love wednesdays
Friday, June 1, 2007
This week I am grateful for:
- Miss Buggernut having nothing but a sore finger after getting stung by a scorpion (she was trying to pet it...). I was a bit freaked by all the side effects that COULD have happened, but she was really okay.
- My new foxy, kicky banner designed by the awesomeness aka Tink of The Art House fame. She rocketh my world.
- Knit night being fantastic last night. We have several new members that are going to start coming all the time! YEAH!
- My husband stepping up to the plate and being really awesome in times of "crisis" (read: toddler getting stung by scorpion) and overall being fantastic this week.
- A great week in general filled with lots of fun playdates, lunches and time with grandma.
Labels: Grateful Friday